Here is one more Mango recipe, let's make the most of it while they are in season!
This time a 'Sweet' one with a surprise ingredient. My Grandpa used to make this Jam all the time when we were little!
As far as I am concerned I love anything Mango and this recipe is a childhood favourite.
Semi-ripe Mangoes- 2 Medium
Sugar - 1 Cup or as per your taste
Saffron Strands- 8 or 9
Cardamom Powder - 1/3 Tsp
Lemon Juice - 1 Tsp
Water as needed
- Peel and grate the Mangoes
- Transfer the pulp to a non-stick pan and cook on medium heat
- Add the Sugar gradually
- Cook till the mixture reaches a thick consistency, taste to see if you need more sugar as this depends on how sour your mango is
- Add Saffron, Cardamom and Lemon juice
- Keep cooking till the mixture thickens and becomes transparent and reaches Jam consistency, add water if required.
- Cool and Store in a jar in the refrigerator